Corporate PoliciesThe following are formal policies that provide our employees with guidance and Companywide expectations regarding social responsibility, resource environment, and safety:
Corporate Social Responsibility PolicyWe conduct business consistent with our long-established values, which encompasses product quality, service to our customers and making positive contributions to the communities where we do business. Corporate social responsibility is an extension of the way we have done, and we continue to do our business. We reaffirm our commitment and we:
- Maintain the highest standards of business and personal integrity as detailed in our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Maintain our commitment to an equal employment opportunity workforce and encourage diversity.
- Routinely monitor, assess and report on our conformity with this policy.
Environmental PolicyIt is Bravo Offshore Nigeria Limited policy to achieve a high standard of environmental care in conducting its business as an Integrated Services company contributing to society’s need and expectations. It is also our policy to:
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and apply standards that minimizes any adverse environmental impacts resulting from its operations;
- Constantly improve the environmental protection management system;
- Communicate openly with institutions and community on environmental issues, and contribute to the development of national policy, legislation and regulations that may affect environmental aspects connected with our operation;
- Ensure that its employees and suppliers of goods and services are acquainted with this policy and aware of their environmental responsibilities in relation to our business;
- Ensure that our QHSE Management System is adequate for identification, control and monitoring of environmental risks arising from its operations, and for preventing pollution of any kind;
- Establish programs to conserve natural resources in compliance with the principles of sustainable development and to minimize produced waste quantities, including separate collection of usable waste for recycling.
Occupational Health & Safety PolicyBy introducing the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (HSE-QMS & SMS), Bravo Offshore Nigeria Ltd proves its commitment to preserve and improve the protection of employees’ health and safety, fire protection, and the protection of facilities. Safety-enhancing programs, along with constant system improvement, are focused on placing us among low risk companies. The Policy contains the following principles:
- The HSE-QMS &SMS is an integral part of the business process, which allows prevention of losses caused by injuries sustained by employees, occupational diseases, and other diseases related to work and damaging of property.
- The high level of protection is based on compliance with all legal and other requirements; at the same time, it is being maintained and upgraded through constant improvement of HSMS efficiency.
- In order to implement the OH&SMS Policy we provide the adequate resources suitable to the level of risk involved, respecting the laws, technical, financial and other requirements.
- The objectives of OH&SMS are published in our Bulletin in order that every employee is informed thereof, and to ensure their involvement in the practical implementation of this policy.
Company Security PolicyBravo Offshore Nigeria Limited manages security in accordance with the following principles:
- We shall regularly assess security threats to business operations and manage the associated risks.
- We shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place such that we do not expose employees to significant risk.
- We shall ensure that appropriate response procedures are in place to minimize the impact of any security incident or emergency.
- We shall introduce and maintain active programs to develop security awareness and responsibility among all employees.
- We shall endeavor to ensure that security operations are conducted in full compliance with national and international legal requirements and our Policy on Business Conduct and Ethics;
- We shall conduct ourselves in accordance with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights;
- We shall endeavor to make contractors or other third parties conducting activities for Bravo Offshore aware of this policy and ensure they comply with it;
- We shall not employ armed security unless it is a legal or government requirement or there is no acceptable or practical alternative to manage the risk;
- We shall record, analyze and investigate all reported security incidents directly involving our business operations or employees in order to develop improvements to prevent their recurrence;
- We shall strive for continuous improvement in our understanding and management of security and related human rights issues and stay abreast of best practices with respect to these issues
Drugs and Alcohol PolicyIt is the company’s obligation to maintain safe healthy and efficient working conditions for its employees. Being under the influence of a drug or alcohol may pose serious health and safety risks not only to the consumer but also to the safety of co-workers, members of the public and the employee’s performance. Most workplace accidents are caused by human error which could be drug or alcohol related. In order not to jeopardize its good intention for employees, the company shall maintain the following policy in respect of drug/alcohol.
- Management of Bravo Offshore Nigeria Limited shall deal decisively with any employee(s) who engage(s) in drug abuse and /or take active interest in self-medication and alcohol.
- Medical fitness examination shall be conducted to include urine/blood or other alcohol/drug-screening test and maintained as afore –employment screening practice. This is a measure to check hiring of individuals who use illegal drug or alcohol which indicates a potential for impaired or unsafe work performance.
- Working under the influence of alcohol puts at stake the company’s obligation to sustain safe and
- efficient operations. Therefore, the use or being under the influence of alcohol or sale / transfer or possession of illegally obtained drug by an employee while on the company’s business or while in the facility of either the company or its clients is strictly prohibited.
- Violation of this policy shall attract severe disciplinary actions and may eventually lead to discharge from duty.